Senior DevOps Engineer
Mile Two is growing and we are seeking a Devops Engineer to engage and drive our current and future projects to the next level and champion our customer relationships.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a self-starter taking responsibility for architecting a cloud native infrastructure environment from local development all the way to a live production environment with a focus in real-world DevOps best practices.
You will be engaged in all phases of the DevOps lifecycle, interfacing with our customer and end user respectively, creating and supporting application deployment pipelines, scale the products in a growing, evolving environment, participate and lead project meetings both internally and with customers.
A Senior DevOps Engineer has seven (7) or more years of related experience and will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Creating and supporting application deployment pipelines that are automated, reliable and can scale with a growing technology department
- Taking responsibility for production incidents, mitigating and resolving the underlying issue, and conducting post mortems to prevent the same issue from occurring again
- Configuring system and application monitoring, defining alerts and building reporting dashboards
- Using a deep understanding of cloud engineering and DevOps best practices to advise our Engineering teams on capacity planning, analysis, design, implementation and testing of the platform
- Provides technical mentorship and guidance to peers
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations; troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments
- Working with Director of Engineering to identify areas of improvement for successful completion of a project
- Prepare level of effort estimates for project tasks
- Good judgement regarding when to power through difficult problems to get project completed
What You Need to Bring
- Support and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Ideal candidates have a BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- A security clearance is preferred but not required
- Deployment experience with three-tiered apps
- An understanding of resources and scaling
- Linux management
- Containerization (Docker) and Container Orchestration (Docker Swarm, Mesos, or Kubernetes)
- Continuous integration and Delivery
- Knowledge of at least one cloud provider with a strong preference for AWS
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with the ambiguity and the shifting requirements that come with uncertainty and research-centric projects
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume to the link below.APPLY