Mid-Level Software Quality Assurance Tester
Mile Two is growing and we are seeking a Software Quality Assurance (QA) Tester to engage and drive our current and future projects to the next level and champion our customer relationships.
The mid-level software QA tester will be a self-starter working collaboratively with the Scrum team.
You will develop, modify, and maintain standards for software testing/quality operating methods, processes, systems, and procedures. The QA tester will use a mix of manual and automated testing frameworks to perform continuous testing of all systems to ensure proactive approach to meeting new challenges posed by industry changes.
This individual will conduct software inspection, testing, verification and validation. They will implement software testing and maintenance processes and methods. They will develop overall criteria to ensure implementation of the software testing program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives. They will review software design, change specifications, and plans and reviews will include applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Tests software programs to compare to specifications and documentation
- Identifies, analyzes and documents defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens and content
- Establishes benchmarks for program efficiency in operating and response times
- Creates test cases and test data
- Creates automated test scripts using testing software programs
- Responds to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of software programs
- Contributes to establishment of standards and procedures for program design and testing
- Recommends program improvements or revisions to programmers and system analysis
- Reviews computer logs and reports to identify program processing errors and possible improvements
- Coordinates testing by users and third parties
- Identifies program variances from standards and suggests modifications to conform
- Assists users to isolate possible problems in software after implementation
- Conducts compatibility tests with other software programs, hardware, multiple operating systems, and network environments
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent recurrence of program operating problems, and to ensure efficiency of operation
- Documents, tracks and communicates test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems
- Develops computer programs to test, track, and verify defects in software programs
- Trains and supports users
- Reviews and contributes to software program documentation
What You Need to Bring
- Support and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master new technologies
- Ideal candidates have a BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- A security clearance is preferred but not required
- Identifies and resolves problems in timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume to the link below.APPLY