Director of Engineering
Mile Two is growing and we are seeking a Director of Engineering to engage and drive our current and future projects to the next level and champion our customer relationships.
A director of engineering will be a dynamic leader that manages and mentors a team of engineers, acts as a technical lead for projects, and proactively drives organizational change at Mile Two.
You will work with the CTO and other Directors to help set and execute on the overall technical direction of the company, interact with customers when needed, and support business and proposal development efforts.
A director of engineering has ten (10) or more years of software related experience and reports to the President, working closely with the CTO.
- Responsible for the success of one or more projects at a time as a technical lead (performing code reviews, task breakdown and assignment, estimation)
- Set and ensure that the technical direction and quality for projects are in line with company technical direction
- Work with the CTO to set and validate the technical direction
- Responsible for the mentorship and growth of an engineering team, including annual review process, one on one meetings, and supporting training sessions
- Support the interviewing and hiring process
- Assisting in project staffing and forecasting activities
- Interact with customers as a technical point of contact
- Support proposal development, primarily through technical volume development and level of effort estimations
- Proactively develop new internal programs and efforts at Mile Two
- Coordinate with other leads and directors in the organization
What You Need to Bring
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with the ambiguity and the shifting requirements that come with uncertainty and research-centric projects
- Ideal candidates have a BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Support and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies, processes, and methodologies
- A security clearance (or the ability to obtain one) is preferred but not required
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume to the link below.APPLY