Mile Two is growing and we are seeking a Devops Engineer to engage and drive our current and future projects to the next level and champion our customer relationships.
The DevOps Engineer will be a self-starter taking responsibility for architecting a cloud native infrastructure environment from local development all the way to a live production environment with a focus in real-world DevOps best practices.
You will be engaged in all phases of the DevOps lifecycle, interfacing with our customer and end user respectively, creating and supporting application deployment pipelines, scale the products in a growing, evolving environment, participate and lead project meetings both internally and with customers.
A DevOps Engineer has three (3) or more years of related experience and will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Exposure with creating and supporting application deployment pipelines that are automated, reliable and can scale with a growing technology department
- Taking responsibility for production incidents, mitigating and resolving the underlying issue, and conducting post mortems to prevent the same issue from occurring again
- Exposure with configuring system and application monitoring, defining alerts and building reporting dashboards
- Using a deep understanding of cloud engineering and DevOps best practices to advise our Engineering teams on capacity planning, analysis, design, implementation and testing of the platform
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations; troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments
- Working with Director of Engineering to identify areas of improvement for successful completion of a project
- Good judgement regarding when to power through difficult problems to get project completed
What You Need to Bring
- Support and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Ideal candidates have a BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Exposure with deployment experience with three-tiered apps
- An understanding of resources and scaling
- Linux management
- Containerization (Docker) and Container Orchestration (Docker Swarm, Mesos, or Kubernetes)
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Knowledge of at least one cloud provider with a strong preference for AWS
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with the ambiguity and the shifting requirements that come with uncertainty and research-centric projects
- A security clearance is preferred but not required
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume to the link below.APPLY